Legrand publishes its 2021 gender equality index
On Wednesday March 2nd, 2022, Legrand published its 2021 gender equality index. This year, the Group scored 91 points out of 100.
The publication of this index, stable since 2019, is compulsory in the framework of the French law of 5 September 2018 and the ensuing application decree published on 8 January 2019 aiming to eliminate pay gaps between men and women in business. This law introduces an obligation of performance instead of merely an obligation of diligence.
Each company’s score is calculated based on 5 criteria for which Legrand obtains the following scores (points score) :
• the gender pay gap (36/40),
• the pay increase rate gap (excluding promotion) between men and women (20/20),
• ensuring equal promotion opportunities for men and women (15/15),
• the percentage of employees having benefited from a pay increase the year following their return from maternity leave if pay increases were granted to other staff in their absence (15/15),
• the number of members of the under-represented gender among the company’s 10 highest salaries (5/10).
In addition, Legrand makes available its rates of representation of women among senior managers in the Group's main companies in France, as well as in its Executive Committee:
• Group's Executive Committee: 40%
• Legrand SA: 43%
• Legrand SNC: 33%
• Legrand France: 13%
Legrand’s results are the fruit of a long-standing commitment to workplace gender equality, which has been enshrined in its CSR roadmaps and reflected in company agreements.