Group, Social responsibility, HR |05.17.2022
Legrand signs UN Standards of Conduct to tackle discrimination against LGBT+ people
On the occasion of International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, Legrand reasserts its commitment to fighting all forms of discrimination against LGBT+ persons by signing the UN Standards of Conduct for Business.
By this initiative, the signatories, namely Legrand’s CEO, Executive Committee members, business leaders, and zone, country and subsidiary managers throughout the Group, undertake to:
- Respect the human rights of employees, customers and other LGBT+ people;
- Eliminate all forms of discrimination against LGBT+ employees in the workplace;
- Offer support to LGBT+ employees in the workplace*;
- Prevent discrimination against LGBT+ customers, suppliers and distributors and to insist that business partners do the same;
- Support the human rights of LGBT+ people in communities where Legrand operates.
These commitments complement those already enshrined in the Group’s Charter of Fundamental Principles, its Human Rights Charter and its Diversity & Inclusion Policy. They underline the importance of Diversity and Inclusion, a strategic focus of the 2022-2024 CSR Roadmap published at the end of March 2022.
*The Legrand Rainbow network, which unites LGBT+ persons and their allies, can provide additional support and contribute to the fight against all forms of discrimination against LGBT+ persons.