Social responsibility |11.28.2011
Successful third edition of Diversity & Disability Week at Legrand
Back in June 2011, Legrand set out its 2011-2013 roadmap for Sustainable Development, stating its commitments in social, environmental and governance terms.
One of the priorities in the social field is the encouragement of diversity in its teams and the prevention of all forms of discrimination. Legrand contributed to achieving this aim by organising a week of events focused on Diversity and Disability from 14 to 18 ovember 2011.
The week's programme included various initiatives such as:
- physiotherapy workshops given at Legrand's head office by blind and partially sighted therapists,
- a special day dedicated to dialogue with disabled persons seeking employment,
- the publication of a "Diversity special issue" of the in-house magazine, entirely made up of voluntary contributions from employees,
- a question & answer section on the company's intranet on the topic of diversity,
- a poster campaign reminding personnel of the Group's main targets in this area.
This year's third edition of this annual event at Legrand was enthusiastically welcomed by several hundred participants.