Group, Social responsibility |03.09.2020
Legrand supports the Women’s Empowerment Principles established by the UN Women and Global Compact.
On International Women Rights Day, Legrand reasserts its commitment to gender equality by supporting the Women Empowerment Principles (WEPs) defined by UN Women and Global Compact.
This initiative aims at promoting, within companies, the benefits of gender equality. It comprises the 7 principles detailed hereafter:
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers.
- Promote education, training and professional development for women.
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women.
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy.
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.
The WEPs, signed by Benoît Coquart, CEO of Legrand, have been adopted by business leaders of the Group across the world.
With this support, Legrand reasserts its commitment to equality and diversity. These 7 principles complete the objectives set by Benoît Coquart in 2018, the company’s assertive policy on workplace gender equality, and demonstrate the Group’s determination to boost a culture of inclusion.