2020 results and fast facts
FROM THE CEO
"Facing an unprecedented and highly unpredictable environment, 2020 was a demonstration of Legrand’s clear strategy, solid business model, and highly responsive teams."
2020 key figures
over €100 billion
in total sales in 2020
19% adjusted operating margin
128% average achievement rate of CSR targets at year-end 2020
SALES (IN € MILLION)
ADJUSTED OPERATING PROFIT IN € MILLION
* Operating profit adjusted for amortization and depreciation relating to revaluation of assets at the time of acquisitions and for other P&L impacts relating to acquisitions and, where applicable, for impairment of goodwill.
C2020 NET SALES BY REGION
NET PROFIT ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE GROUP (IN € MILLION)
€772M in 2018*
* Net profit attributable to the Group adjusted for the favorable net impacts of significant non-recurring corporate taxation gains and expenses. These net favorable effects are adjusted as they do not reflect underlying performance.
FREE CASH FLOW (IN € MILLION)
Investors and Shareholders
Progress on the 2019-2021 CSR roadmap
(achievement rate for targets at 31 December 2020)
CO2 emissions avoided thanks to Legrand energy efficiency solutions (in million metric tons)
BENEFICIARIES OF “ACCESS TO ELECTRICITY” INITIATIVES (MILLIONS)
Total number of people directly or indirectly impacted by Electricians Without Borders projects backed by Legrand since 2007
% OF WOMEN MANAGERS*
* Grade 14 and above, under the Hay job evaluation method
FREQUENCY OF WORKPLACE ACCIDENTS (WITH AND WITHOUT LOST TIME)
Number of accidents x 1,000,000/number of hours worked.
LEGRAND AND THE STOCK MARKET
DIVIDEND PER SHARE (IN €)
1,42 in 2020*
* Subject to approval by shareholders at the General Meeting on May 26, 2021.
SHARE OWNERSHIP AT DECEMBER 31, 2020
* Current and former senior and main managers, and employees.